Finantrix DevOps Guide is an overview and a runbook for the CIOs and IT leaders. Devops is the latest trend taking the IT world by storm. Our DevOps Guide is a conceptual outline of the new paradigm and a pragmatic playbook for understanding and implementing DevOps in a complex IT ecosystem.
Why is DevOps a critical consideration for IT Leadership in Financial Services?
Today, financial services firms are the epitome of “technology companies which happens to be in financial services.” Speed and agility are always a challenge for BFSI firms with legacy IT landscapes. DevOps helps reduce the long release cycles and quick and incremental deliveries for the realization of business goals.
With all the hype and noise around DevOps, it is essential for IT leaders to gain a nuanced and more profound understanding of the concept, practical approaches to implementing DevOps, and leading practices to make the DevOps practice a net positive.
Why should a financial services firm embrace DevOps?
- Customer satisfaction improvements
- Service quality improvements
- Reliability of IT service delivery
- Frictionless collaboration between development and ops teams
- Increases Velocity
- Visibility into the end to end IT processes (Design, Buy/Build/Integrate, Deploy and Run)
What does the Finantrix DevOps Guide deliverable include?
- A summary of key factors that are influencing the changing IT landscape.
- An introduction to DevOps as a new paradigm in IT Management that builds on previous concepts and systems.
- Essential tools, KPIs, and vendors that help organizations implement DevOps.
- A guide for implementing the DevOps philosophy in your organization.
- Explanations for how DevOps can function side-by-side with other leading practices in IT Management, like ITIL.
What does it not include?
- No primary research or original forecasts.
- No in-depth vendor evaluations or rankings.
How will I benefit from the DevOps Concept Briefing?
- A historical perspective of how IT landscape has been changing and the state of things that led to DevOps principles and practices
- Understand the underlying beliefs and components of the DevOps philosophy.
- Use the presentation as a validation step to understanding how other companies have benefitted from DevOps and how to implement it in your organization.
DevOps Guide – Content Outline
- The IT Landscape is Changing
- Developers vs. IT Operations
- Introduction to DevOps
- Definition of DevOps
- History of DevOps
- Philosophy of DevOps
- Benefits of DevOps
- Key DevOps Tools
- Key DevOps KPIs
- Calculating the ROI of DevOps
- DevOps Case Studies
- Nationwide Insurance
- IBM Watson
- Fidelity Investments Worldwide
- DevOps is the Next Step for IT Departments
- DevOps: Hype vs. Reality
- Implementing DevOps
- Setting DevOps Up for Success
- “Crawl, Walk, Run”
- Using DevOps With ITIL
- Change Management
- Release Management
- Incident Management
- Knowledge Management
- As the DevOps Guide and Playbook is a digital product, Finantrix will not accept any returns
- Depending on the size and complexity of your firm, the IT operating model, and the state of SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) some or all of the ideas may not be relevant to you.
- Consultants, who may wish to use the deliverable at several clients, have different terms and price.
- Sold on an as-is basis and no warranties
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Got More Questions? Drop us a Line
Need Customization Help? Contact Us our Advisory Services