Financial Services Account Opening Transformation Programs Reasons for Failure: We all know most significant transformation programs either fail or underperform. An Account Opening transformation program is no exception from the implementation and change risks. This Finantrix.com deliverable identifies and elaborates the factors that might impact an Account Opening Transformation program adversely, and provides ideas on how to mitigate such risks.
What do I get?
- The Account Opening Transformation Programs Reasons for Failure deliverable is a power point presentation with 12 pages of information rich content
What does it not include?
- This deliverable is not a risk management plan. (There is a separate Finantrix deliverable addressing RAID – (Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies)
- We cannot accept any returns as Finantrix Financial Services Account Opening Digital Transformation Implementation Considerations is a digital product.
- Depending on your situation – size, location, customer types, adoption of digital sales and e-commerce, the scope of the transformation – some or all the project considerations may or may not apply to you.
- Consulting firms that intend to use the deliverable at multiple clients have a different pricing and terms.
- This digital product is Sold on an as-is, basis and no warranties.
- If Finantrix does any updates to the product within 180-days, you will receive an updated/upgraded version.
- Finantrix is offering this product as a standalone and does not include any customization of implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
How is this Artifact useful to us?
Research has shown that significant transformation projects fail or underperform, being aware of the risk factors and mitigation ideas will help increase odds of success.
The handy list with coherent content helps reduce the time and effort it will take to identify the failure factors from scratch.
Aren’t each company risk factors different?
Of course, every company is different, but transformation programs carry obvious risks.
While not every risk factor will apply to every business, the idea is to be aware of what are the reasons for failure and try to avoid making the same mistakes.