Investment Research Workstation Features and Functions are a list of critical needs and wants that enable capability that supports an investment research analyst (fixed and equity research, fundamental and quantitative analysis) uses to work effectively and efficiently. In particular, the advent of digital era with a slew of sophisticated technologies – big data, analytics, cognitive computing, and RPA (Robotic process automation – is making a significant impact on the way investment research functions.
What is the Investment Research Workstation Features and Functions deliverable?
- The deliverable is a spreadsheet with about ~75 essential features and functions of a best-in-class investment research workstation. These features are a logical and hierarchical grouping.
- The Investment Research Workstation features list is mostly a list of critical capabilities and considerations necessary to transform the function in the digital age.
What does it not include?
- Detailed technical and architectural features.
- No detailed requirements. (There is a separate deliverable which features transformation business requirements.)
Why is Investment Research Workstation important for asset and investment management firms?
Today, the quest for alpha in the actively managed assets has turned into a herculean task. Asset management firms are looking for every kind of edge to beat the peers and the respective benchmarks. Hence, technologies and tools that support the investment research function have emerged as a critical success factor. For the sell-side firms, sound investment research is the bedrock of the firms’ value-add to the buy side.
Hence, it is a strategic imperative for asset and investment management firms to focus on transforming the investment research function into a digitally-enabled process that elevates analysts performance.
What features and functions are a part of the Investment Research Workstation deliverable?
Investment Research Workstation Features and Functions deliverable consists of about ~125 capabilities essentials to a best-in-class system. They encompass:
- Defining a universe of securities
- Aggregating disparate sets of data
- Synthesis, analysis, and gleaning of insights
- Forming opinions and crafting recommendations
- Communicating the recommendations
- Monitoring and measuring the efficacy of recommendations
Who should use the Equity Research Workstation Features?
- Heads of Research functions spanning equity, fixed income, quantitative and fundamental, and technical.
- Technology leaders who are responsible for enabling the research workstation
- Business and Enterprise Architects who envision the research workstation solution
- As the Investment Research Workstation Features and Functions List is a digital product, Finantrix will not accept any returns
- Depending on the size and complexity of your firm, the research areas some or all of the features may not be relevant to you.
- Consultants, who may wish to use the capability model at several clients, have different terms and price.
- Sold on an as-is basis and no warranties
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Got More Questions? Drop us a Line
Need Customization Help? Contact our Advisory Services