Portfolio Accounting Features and Functions is a deliverable for wealth management and asset management companies embarking on transforming their portfolio accounting systems. The artifact comprises of a conceptual vision of the portfolio account solution and a list of foundational needs and wants for a best-in-class set of capabilities. Portfolio Accounting is the system of record for holdings and transactions and is vital for recordkeeping of the clients’ financial assets. Without a reliable portfolio accounting solution, wealth and asset managers struggle to maintain accurate records which in addition to being a ledger, also provides the data to power downstream applications.
What does the Portfolio Accounting Features deliverable comprise?
- The deliverable is a spreadsheet with about ~120 essential features and functions of a best-in-class portfolio accounting and reconciliation capability.
- The deliverable also features a business context diagram of a conceptual vision of the portfolio accounting solution.
- The Portfolio accounting features are a logical and hierarchical grouping of all critical capabilities for getting a holistic perspective.
What does it not include?
- Detailed technical and architectural features.
- No detailed business requirements. (There is a separate deliverable which features transformation business requirements.)
Why is Portfolio Accounting capability important for wealth management and broker-dealer firms?
Maintaining accurate records is paramount for ensuring the integrity of the business, meeting compliance requirements, retaining the trust of the customers, and determine appropriate fees. A robust and reliable portfolio accounting platform helps wealth management and asset management firms in ensuring the requirements above.
What features and functions are a part of the Portfolio Accounting Features and Functions deliverable?
The Portfolio Accounting platform features deliverable consists of about ~125 capabilities essential to a best-in-class system. They encompass, among others:
- Ledger entries for positions and holdings
- Pricing and NAV
- Tax lot accounting
- Corporate Action Processing
Who should use the Portfolio Accounting Features and Capabilities?
- Heads of portfolio accounting in wealth management and broker-dealer firms
- Executives of custodians who offer recordkeeping services
- Technology leaders who are responsible for enabling the portfolio accounting platforms
- Business and Enterprise Architects who envision the portfolio accounting solutions
- Software vendors who want to know what the best-in-class constitutes
There are several options for portfolio accounting platforms. Which one is right for you – whether it is Advent or EzeSoft or SEI – depends on your specific needs and getting a grasp of functionalities helps in the evaluation process.
- As the Portfolio Accounting Features and Functions List is a digital product, it is sold as-is, and Finantrix will not accept any returns
- Depending on the size and complexity of your firm, the scope and range of recordkeeping services, some or all of the features may not be relevant to you.
- Consultants, who may wish to use the deliverable at several clients, have different terms and price.
- Sold on an as-is basis and no warranties
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Got More Questions? Drop us a Line
Need Customization Help? Contact our Advisory Services